Tuesday, September 15, 2009

The Sting

This morning Sterling limped into work. When he got out of bed at 4:00AM he stepped inbetween to scorpions. He got it on both sides of his foot. I am so glad we have never had scorpions in the 20 years we havew lived here. So we were talking about it at work. Seems I am a minority when it comes to no scorpions. I have hated scorpions since I was a little kid. Grandpa Thude would find scorpions at his house and save them in a jar to show us when we would come over. Still gives me the willies to think about it.Giant Hairy Scorpion. Like all scorpions, female Giant Hairy Scorpions give birth to live young. After birth, the offspring crawl up on their mothers' backs and hitch a free ride for a week or two before heading off on their own. Photo: Arie van der Meijden, CAS.

4 comments:

Lindsay said...

Ugh, gross! I also have never had to battle scorpions while living in AZ (suppose I should knock on wood...) but my dad has been stung.

RandiSue said...

do you remember the snake rattlers Grandpa would pin to the calendar?

Kathy said...

He did tend to give me the hebee jebees me out on a regular basis.

Anonymous said...

scorpions are awful. I have lived here all my life and have never been stun, so that is good. I always thought that scorpions looked evil-- like they were inspired by Satan or something...