Wednesday, July 29, 2009

The Count

Today I was crazy enough to count all the new transportation request that have come into my office since last Thursday.
Each year we transport about 900 special needs students and almost 10,000 regular ed kiddos. This morning I counted after I finished routing. I had entered and routed 131 student since Monday. Then I received about 8 more that I quickly did so I could say they were all done. It took my from 9:00 this morning until 4:45 to get all the routes and letters printed to hand out to the drivers. They hand out letters to the students currently on the route to inform them of the time changes. Department policy is to give the parent 2 day notice so I had to get everything printed to day to hand out tomorrow. Why tomorrow, because 2 of the preschool classes do not go on Fridays so the drivers need to hand those out tomorrow. I was so excited to be completely caught for about 5 minutes. 4 more requests came across the fax late this afternoon. Oh well 4 is nothing compared to 131 +.
On a good note, I got another big bag of peanut M & M's today. Go Chocolate!!!!

No comments: