My 3 day week-end didn't turn out quite like I had planned. It turned into a 4 day week-end when I came home sick Thursday afternoon. I got home around 2:15 and stayed in bed until Saturday morning. I did catch up on some taped TV shows, and had great soup that my sweet Kristi brought over. Saturday was just kind of a lay around the house day. Watched some TV. Watched Ron work in the garage. It was nice to be out of bed.
So today I caught up on some of my BOM projects. I finished my Sugarblock January BOM. It is much brighter in person. I think it will be a fun little quilt when I am finished.
I decided to scrap the Owl Family Tree BOM. Just decided it wasn't for my. Don't worry, I found something to take it's place. This from Craftsy, it is called the Scrap Happy Sampler BOM. I didn't buy anything for this block. It uses 12 strips 1 1/2 by 14 inches. So I just pulled out the scrap draw in my sewing room, and found 12 fun strips. I had to cut them to size, most were 2 in strips. This block took most of the morning, but I love how it turned out. Can't wait to see the rest of the blocks from this series.
I still have on more BOM for January. It is from the Craftsy Lucky Stars BOM Club. I ordered some fun fabric from Connecting Threads. They should be here this week. So maybe I'll get all the January blocks done by the end of the month.
Lori, Justin and Jeremy will be here on Saturday. Then I will start on Jeremy's blessing outfit. I want to make sure it is long enough in the body. He one long skinny boy. I am excited to see them.
1 comment:
The scrap happy block is super cute!
Post a Comment