Saturday, September 29, 2012

A letter

Dear Nicholas,
Tomorrow it will be 3 years since your last e-mail. It seems like it has been so much longer. I miss you so much and think about you every single day. You have missed so much in the last 3 years. You wouldn't believe how big your nieces and nephews have gotten. Jenny and Benjamin turned 8 this year. They are in 3rd grade. Jenny is an avid reading, just like Lori. And a great sister. Benjamin loves everything military and things about space. Do you remember how much fun he had dancing at your wedding. Everyone thought it was so cute when he danced with Cienjana. Curtis will be 7 in a few weeks. He loves legos and watching movies. Abigail, Katie and Madie were so little the last time you saw them. Abigail and Katie will turn five in a few weeks. Abigail started kindergarten this year. She seems to like school. She has the cutest curly hair. Dustin and Sarah had another little boy in March. His name is Samuel. He looks like Benjamin with Curtis' round face. He started army crawling in August. Katie is a little tom boy. Don't put her in any frilly dresses. She loves pre-school. She and Madie are taking the same pre-school classes through Gilbert parks and rec. Kristi and Cliff had a little girl in April of 2011. Her name is Molly Grace. She is a sweet little girl with an infectious smile. She loves babies and snacks. She will be a big sister next April. Madie is 4. She will be 5 next May. She loves cartoons and chocolate. She became a big sister on September 11th. Henry Cole Watson is a sweet baby. He has a hole in his heart. Hopefully it will close before he is 1 so he won't have to have surgery. Kristi is a very busy Mom. She volunteers at Jenny's school several days a week. She loves to cook, and caters almost every family affair. Cliff and Dustin are both in the Bishopric. It keeps them busy. Cliff is still at Wright Engineering. Dustin works at University of Phoenix. He is a director of business operation. Ashley started an online business this year selling animal theme headband. Her biggest order was 165 bee headbands. Zach graduated from ASU in May. They bought a house in Gilbert. Dad is helping them fix it up. They should be moving in a few weeks. Then Dad and I will be empty nesters. Lori and Justin graduated from ASU last December. Justin got a job with Intel, in Sacramento. It is a really good job. Lori is expecting a little boy in December. They have waited a long time for this. She has had 2 miscarriages. But thankfully everything is going well with this pregnancy.
Dean passed away in February of 2011. He had a heart attack at work. I worried so much about my Mom. Parents shouldn't out live their children, But she is such a rock. I wish I was a strong as she is.
My Mom asks about you all the time.
Dad has been busy racing the last few years. Last year he was the IHRA Fuel Altered world Champ. He missed it this year by one point. I have been traveling with him. He has raced all over the US and a couple tracks in Canada. He still works for Brothers, and still hates having a desk job. Racing is his stress relief.
There have been so many events, both happy and sad in the past 3 years. I have missed you at every single one of them.
I wish I had known when we went to your graduation that that would be the last time we would see you. I would have held on a little longer and tighter for that last hug. Do you remember the first time we came to see you and Lindsay in Monterrey? We played a board game and you kept score in Mandarin. I still have that paper. I wish I could take back all the heartache we have caused you and Lindsay. I wish you understood how much we love you both. How much you are missed. How incomplete our family is without you two. I am so sorry that you have missed so much in the last 3 years. I am even  more sorry that we have missed so much of your life. I hope that someday we will see you again. That you and Lindsay will want to be apart of our family, your family. Just remember "I love you forever, I love you for always. As long as your living, my child you will be".

Love you,
Mom




  

No comments: